Safe-T-Lawn

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Some Sprinkler Guy, Sep 12, 2010.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't forget the safe-t-lawn stream spray nozzles.... I used to use them on ground cover slopes. Their main drawbacks were the thin gaskets and the nylon adjustment screws.

I can't recall Hydro-Rain pop-ups either...

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

They had stainless steel adjusting screws when they first came on the market, but they saved some bucks by switching to plastic. I wonder if there was some patent squabbling when their "non-clogging adjustment screw" idea was sort of turned on its head, by way of the special screen-plus-seat used by Rainbird, with its V-shaped geometry.

3. Couldn't find a pic. I'll see if I can get Henry to take a pic next time he crosses paths with one. Used champion nozzles and had both a 3/4" and 1/2" inlet on the bottom.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Strange how the markets are: I've never even heard of that brand. :dizzy:

5. Wet_Boots

Spotty distribution, maybe. Always a small brand. I don't know if they ever designed a zone valve or a controller.

6. Hydro-Rain had a controller. Not a bad one either. I think EBAY has a hardie version of it.

7. Mike Leary

Where was Hydro-Rain manufactured?

8. Wet_Boots

I visited a Hardie facility in Laguna Niguel - dunno if it was Hydro-Rain before the acquisition. I remember a solid-state controller they were assembling there.

9. Mike Leary

Robert Hardie sure did a lot of cool things for the irrigation industry, to this day. :clapping:

10. Wet_Boots

But he kind of screwed the pooch on the Richdel valves for awhile.