Safe-T-Lawn

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Some Sprinkler Guy, Sep 12, 2010.

1. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Hydro Rain makes Blu-lock these days. Still at it.

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We sure put a ton of Hardie clocks in, though. The "Touch Command" was way ahead of it's time and if it had flow sensing and amperage readings, it would be very current.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I think it was the HR-6100 controller I saw at the factory.

4. Different company I believe. Not affiliated with the HR of my youth.

5. Mike Leary

Kind of a p.o.s. clock, they sure came on strong after that. I'd love to know who designed the controller line. Strikes me he went to Rain Master or Calsense after Robert sold the biz.

6. Lite Headed

Lite Headed LawnSite Member

Hydro Rain made the HR 6000 and HR 6100. IIRC the 6100 had a rocker lever. Did they also make a controller called the PC 123? It was kind of Mickey Mouse looking with allsorts of lights and colors.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  7. LH did you ever see any of those HR 4.5" popups?

8. Mike Leary

Anybody got a clue what year Hardie moved in to the biz? I'm wondering if they simply changed the logo and went through the stock of Hydro Rain.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

So there was a HR-6000? Never paid much attention to solid state controllers at that time. There was an alarmingly large pile of presumably-dead circuit boards near a test bench at the Hardie factory.

10. Mike Leary

That's a while ago; I was still using Imperial clocks, but saw the change coming and realized I'd have to do some research if I switched over. We replaced all of the early Hardie clocks and went with the new generation.