Safegaurd Properties

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by markh1, Mar 19, 2009.

1. markh1

markh1 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if any other lco's in here have done any work for this company. i did a search but nothing came up. They deal with repo"s and called me to cut some lawns in my area .Any imput would be appreciated

2. T&J Landscaping

T&J Landscaping LawnSite Member

1st of all do you have insurance,? i heard they are pretty good , but i never delt with it ,, you got to take pictures and uploaded it to there site for esch property,

3. ctvalley

ctvalley LawnSite Member

I am starting with them this season. You have to take before during and after pics of the lawns front and back. Kinda a pain...plus, when you bid make sure you know what you are bidding on. They asked me for a bid on lawn mowing and then tried to add in weedkiller and hedge clipping. I told them no and am being compensated for it now in addition to the lawn contract.

4. markh1

markh1 LawnSite Member

yes i have 1mill in ins on both buisness and trucks yes i also know about the pics that you have to take . just wondering do they pay on time

5. T&J Landscaping

T&J Landscaping LawnSite Member

the 1st check will proably take 5-6 weeks once you are in you should get a check from them within 3-4 weeks, You need a lot of money for that 1st month for gas, and you mow the lawns every 2 weeks , u will be mowing the lawns 3 times before you see a check and your 1st check will not be the total of you doing the lawns 3 times, but you will see 3 diff checks , once you get your 1st check you will recive a check every week, they work the same way WITH FAS FIELD ASSETS

6. ProCare Lawn Maintenance

ProCare Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

I don't know anything about the company, but I was told that they are a national co that subs mowing to local contractors. I would love to get a number from you so that I can contact them about mowing in Eastern Cincinnati. Could you email me that number to npowers_1356@fuse.net? Thanks.

7. alabamaweedwacker

alabamaweedwacker LawnSite Member

I would like the info, where I could contact and see what they had down here.

8. MOTES

MOTES LawnSite Member

They are PAIN IN THE BUTT. I've have them for a month, 100 property per week, and Good Money. But it a hassle, and you got to work all day and all night with pictures uploading and so forth. But when i find out that i have to go 100 miles to mow one lawn (about 30 property in diffent direction in 100 miles) I told told them, I'm done, and not doing it anymore, becasue they do want you to go there and take care of it the ones that are far. Not worth my time and hassle. Overall, they do pay you weekly and it's $30 per lawn up to an 1 acre. I gotten pay about 2500 per week. Again, my family is important, and it a big hassle on top of my Regular 80 clients. Hope this help.

9. cmzeller

cmzeller LawnSite Member

I was a contractor for Safeguard for a year and a half doing their preservation work. I now work for other companies along with being a landscaper.They will treat you nice one minute and tell you that you are dirt the next. They pay. I just had a friend of mine quit working for them for similar reasons. You can make good money quick but they have a bite. The reason their bringing in landscapers is to put pressure on their usual contractors to hit their due date. If you don't hit their due date not as much work. the more you hit their dates on time more work you get. It is up to everyone to make their own decision but BEWARE!

10. ctvalley

ctvalley LawnSite Member

If you are doing them for 30 then you are the fool. I work for them and yes, you have to be on top of things, but I get paid 5.00 more per lawn plus, get stipends for trimming the bushes at each property. Their big problem is that their zones are enormous. They wanted me to work in Vermont. The entire state is the zone. It's 2.5 miles to go border to border on an interstate highway. My hopes are that they will shrink their zones next season. However, Motes, do you realize you have to pay back 55.00 per property for them to release you and find a new client?