Safety Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chuck, Jun 16, 2001.

1. Chuck

Chuck LawnSite Member

Just wondering if most people wear safety equipment when trimming, mowing, blowing, etc. When I say safety equipment I mean ear and eye protection. The company that I work for never wears these.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We wear safety equipment.

I would not want to be without my eyes, so I take good care of them.

I feel ears are ugly, so if you can't hear out of them, what good are they except to hold my eye protection on. ;)

There have been several threads on this same subject, so try the search feature and read about this. Most members do use these protectors.

3. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

I wear ear protection they are head phones with a fm radio and i wear sunglasses all the time

4. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I wear eye protection, ear plugs as well. ( I have the ear plugs on a string)

5. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I used to work for another company and then i never wore eye protection and only sometimes ear. But i started to get such bad headaces by the end of the day and started to wear the earplugs all the time - dont know how i ever went without

but now that i am running my own company i require ear protection anytime equipment is running and Eye protection (sunglasses) if trimming. If someone gets hurt i want as little responsibility as possible.

6. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

Our company requires long pants, boots, safety glasses, and ear plugs. We also have dust masks when needed.

I noticed in this post and others some guys are saying they wear sunglasses. Remember sunglasses won't protect your eyes when a rock or the like shoots up at your face.

For about $3 you can get ANSI and OSHA approved safety glasses with "cool" frames and black, gray, or clear lenses, which actually will protect your eyes...AND what happens when your mower throws something up at you, we wear safety glasses anytime power equipment is used and sometimes even when pruning, I hate when those eyepokers catch you at the wrong moment.

7. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

[​IMG]

PROTECTIVE GEAR IS A MUST AT S.L.S.!!!