Safety first... I couldn't believe my eyes!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OlympicLawn`, Jul 9, 2003.

1. OlympicLawn`

OlympicLawn` LawnSite Member

I couldn't believe what I seen when I was driving today. I look up to see this guy spraying weed killer in a ditch with nothing on but shorts, flip-flops & shades!

This is why I carry a camera with me all the time.

spraying.jpg

2. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

We all ought to print this photo out & take it to our local extension offices so they can use it for the cert. classes.

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

good way to kill your toe jam and foot fungus

4. What's in the sprayer? You sure he's not playing around with water.....LOL

5. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

Actually I just seen something very similar yesterday. I was going down the highway through a "little" town called St. Peters MO and one of their boys was spraying some weed killer out of a about a 40 gallon tank with one of those guns set up like a paint gun. A fan about 4ft wide and atomized to a fine mist. He was in shorts and a tee-shirt just spraying the hell out of some right of way weed patches. LGF probably has seen those guys doing work around here before. Of course I don't know if you get out this way much?
    Anyway, I hope that guy isn't using Pathfinder or Scythe or something like that. I know I don't trust any backpack that much!
    Later.

6. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

If he is spraying Round Up then there should not be a problem. Honestly! I was at a seminar several years ago and watched a Monsanto rep. take a shot glass and drink the darn stuff. Honest! BTW guys spray in shorts all the time here in FL it was 95 today with a feel like temp of 108. The humidity was way up there. Right now at 7pm it is 80%!!

7. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

The less the better!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

8. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

The flip-flops make it so you can hose off your feet when you're done!

;)

9. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Typical spray attire for any homeowner or scrub . Seen about 15 people so far this year .

Anybody seen the new roundup pro add in the magazines ? Totally irresponsible

10. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I would never spray that way, can be dangerous and also very unproffessional.