Safety glasses

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Isenberg Lawn Care, Apr 24, 2013.

1. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Don't forget to wear them when working on equipment too!
    Think chemical splash.

Yes sir, nothing like fuel in the face.
    Or a steel chip, nut or bolt go flying.
    Don't think it can't happen.

I wear mine pretty much anytime I'm working.

2. Geronimo

Geronimo LawnSite Member

HARLEY DAVIDSON makes several types of riding glasses with a rubber seal for wind that work great for lawn work. They are only $17 and are on the counter at our local Harley shop. Wear them all the time, come in dark, amber, clear. Never work without eye and ear protection!

3. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

I used to just wear wrap around sun glasses but this year decided to look into get a pair of prescription safety glasses with transitions lenses and the foam gasket. When the girl at the vision place told me the price I decided to pull out my old riding glasses. The brand is Crossfire and I bought them at Seminole Harley Davidson in Sanford, FL.

I looked up Crossfire online last night and ordered 3 pairs at $10 a piece from Full Source safety store. The foam gasket is great for me because even with the glasses, dust and pollen made their way into my eyes and if you wear contacts you know getting stuff in your eye is worse when you are wearing them. Been wearing them all this year and they are great.

Bought a pair of these to try also at $9.50 it's not that much of a risk if they suck.

http://www.fullsource.com/crossfire-element-goggles/crossfire-91353af/

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i can't wear those types of glasses. if i do they will fog up and fill up with sweat on hot days.

5. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

My dad wears a face shield when he goes with me he likes it
    I wear shaded safety glasses
    they are around 3-4 bucks online
    I go thru a couple of pair a season

6. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

Glasses and hearing protection don't leave the truck with out them.

7. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

8. zippin z

zippin z LawnSite Member

there are 2 things that i WILL ALWAYS wear when mowing!!! SAFETY GLASSES & EAR PLUGS with out them im SCREWED, GLUED AND ROYALY TATTOED

9. Arena landscaping

Arena landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from wayne

10. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

I wear the $12 Stihl sunglasses from my local Stihl dealer. On my 2nd pair now. I lost my last pair over the winter.