1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Safety Glasses

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsh1773, Apr 21, 2004.

1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

Where can I find the best safety glasses?

I've tried Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart brands. The worst part of my job is getting dirt in my eyes.

I spent $3000 for laser eye surgery 3 years ago and I need to protect my investment.
  2. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

I have found the best inexpensive safety glasses at equipment rental stores, and they have several styles...Chuck
  3. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

WalMart will do. If you have a Grainger store nearby or visit them on line you will find a large varity there.
    Also, any First Aid product supplier vendor in your area that services manufacturing companies can serve you.
    Or hit other web sites, there are so many brands out there it's unreal. You might even ask for a free sample?

Everyone should protect their eyes while doing lawn care and other potential risks.
    Feet too, nothing but steel toes for me.
  4. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

tsh1773 :rolleyes: I know you will have a hard time with this but they work. Ski Goggles! My wife loves'em, she has always had a hard time with the dust in the eyes,we found a pair at a yard sale. I use them my self, they fit over most sun glass's.
  5. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I thought about ski and swimming goggles but wouldnt they fog up?
  6. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

tsh1773 No they don't fog up, these are the one's you see all the beautiful people wear on the ski slopes out in colorado. They have a foam backing, the air comes in but not the dust. :cool:

G&S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

:eek: Try WWW.GEMPLERS.COM , Thay have alot of styles to choose from. I like the Smith&Wesson type.
  8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I wear smith and wesson shooting glasses. They let my eyes breath and I very rarely get anything up underneath the lense and into my eye.
  9. keegan99usa

keegan99usa LawnSite Member

I second the Smith and Wesson. You can get them at Walmart.