safety glass's

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Lawn-Guy, Feb 28, 2009.

?

what do u wear for eye protection?

1. sunglass's

131 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. actual safety glass's

186 vote(s)
    53.1%
  3. some sort of full face mask

5 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. nothing

28 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. steve m

steve m LawnSite Member

smoke safety glasses blue safety glasses clear safety glasses and all uv pro

2. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

I wear the Stihl Saftey/Sun glasses

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Last summer I finally realized that I didn't need to be wearing my precription glasses. I can see fine! But after years of having them as protection (somewhat) I knew I needed something over my eyes.

I ended up getting the "OCC" saftey glasses from Lowes. I have 2 pair of the red tinted ones, no they don't make everything look red... They are $30 but I like them because unlike cheapo saftey glasses these can be adjusted to fit properly. I also keep a couple pair of the bluish/clear ones handy for mowing on cloudy dark days, and also for working in the shop.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I've tried cheapos and expensive safety glasses and realized I tear them up all the same. I go through a pair once a month, after a while they just get pitted and scratched badly.

I've split my lips more than a couple of times, and I love taking a rocks in the legs, nothing like doubling over in pain for a couple of minutes on a job site.

5. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I wear Ray Ban

6. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

I also wear stihl safety glasses the camo ones:cool2:

7. since I am a red head with freckles all over I have qwite fair skin. I wear Oakley Sun glasses that are safty rated. My family has a history of skin and retinal cancer so i wear anything to block the rays from my eyes along with a hat.

8. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I wear Oakleys also.

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i got sunglasses that are actually safety glasses at Home Depot

10. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Safety sunglasses from Stihl, blue, and some other colors, I think I have like 10 of them?? I like to lay them down everywhere. Plus, they fit tight to your head so they won't come off due to sweat and shaking around.