safety glass's

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Lawn-Guy, Feb 28, 2009.

what do u wear for eye protection?

1. sunglass's

131 vote(s)
  2. actual safety glass's

186 vote(s)
  3. some sort of full face mask

5 vote(s)
  4. nothing

28 vote(s)
  1. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I get mine at depot too, and allways carry extra for idiot helpers
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

3. kmclawn

kmclawn LawnSite Member

I get my safety glasses from ACME Electric. Each of my employees gets a pair of smoked and clear lens when they start. They are the wrap around type so they do protect quite well. They only cost $6.00 a pair. I don't take any chances with eyes.
  4. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I wear my oakleys as well. #1 they look good. #2 they are comfortable. #3They have great eye protection.#4 They have a great replacement policy, if anything breaks just send them in.

Anyone who does not wear them you have to be an idiot. I was one of those guys who never wore them until i had a pebble going probably aroun 50mph right into the centre of my eye. I droped to the ground in the worst pain ever. Iwas luckly near my house so i didnt even finish the yard and just walked home. an hour later i went back and finished the yard and then was done for the day. Anyways a pebble in the eye will ruin your day.
  5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Agreed, also a piece of 1" X 3" mulch flying into the center of your eye will smart something fierce :cry:. I wear Evelex safety/sun glasses, but I think I'm going to check out the Stihl ones from all of the positive remarks I've read. Any one have a recommendation as to a good all around lens color?
  6. kmclawn

kmclawn LawnSite Member

7. WrightWay05

WrightWay05 LawnSite Member

i wear oakleys but i believe they may be safety rated they are the big ones i call them nascar glasses but they work really well.
  8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I wear my bike glasses Best dam Glasses you can buy..If they can take a rock hit at 110+MPH then thay can take what ever a trimmer throws at it.

Plus there foam padded so nothing gets in there!
  9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have some stihl and my guys turned me on to a brand called Pugs. they have some poly carb styles and they fit very well and hold up well. got em at a gas station
  10. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear Stihl Crossfires.