safety glass's

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Lawn-Guy, Feb 28, 2009.

what do u wear for eye protection?

1. sunglass's

131 vote(s)
  2. actual safety glass's

186 vote(s)
  3. some sort of full face mask

5 vote(s)
  4. nothing

28 vote(s)
  1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use the same ones....have 2-3 pair with different lenses for different days
  2. Mike's LawnCare Landscape

Mike's LawnCare Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

same here to bad that was not on the poll
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

sorry fellas, but i have to say this. ANY OF YOU that dont wear some sort of actual poly carb or simlar safety rated glasses are complete idiots. it is all too easy to lose an eye and then you are royally screws for the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon!~!!!!!!

wear the geeky over the glasses kind if you have to, idid once----get contacts, something. think about it guys, why in the world would you chance the possiblity---and even with actual glasses that will shatter if hit hard!!!!! sorry i had to vent. gald to see so many doing the right thing, the professinal thing and wearing safety eye wear
  4. W8N4grow

W8N4grow LawnSite Member

I'd wear over-the-glass safety glasses but I haven't found a pair I reguarly want to wear. That's the key, USING them. I've got a couple pair, but they don't seem to make it to the ZTR with me. I'm still looking for the pair that fits good enough to want to wear.
  5. W8N4grow

W8N4grow LawnSite Member

I have used these side shields before and they're not bad. You do need prescription safety glass lenses to be completely covered however.
  6. theminigardener7

theminigardener7 LawnSite Member

I require myself and all of my helpers to wear safety glasses during the use of handheld equipment. If I ever catch those guys not using them, the owe me 20 bucks.... that usually reminds them
  7. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

8. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Smith & Wesson Magnums for the crew and myself. They look,fit very well. Best I have found yet. I make the guys wear them anytime they are using trimmers or mowers. No excuses.
  9. Magnum Services

Magnum Services LawnSite Member

Uvex! Black frames and MY choice of Clear,Tru Color Gray,or Gas Welding Green in shades 1 thru 6! Uva and Uvb rated,OSHA Approved for ALL jobs! You only get ONE pair of eyes so take care of them!:cool2:
  10. ProLawnCo

ProLawnCo LawnSite Member

I wear safety glasses, and provide all my workers with them. I buy my safety glasses from in quantities of 24 or greater. The ones that I currently use are:
    Elvex TNT Gray Lens Safety Glasses

The TNT from Elvex is a low cost safety glasses that does not compromise style or comfort.
    The new TNT from Elvex features a one piece lens-frame design.
    Straight back cushioned temple arms provide a comfortable fit for extended wear.
    Hard Coated polycarbonate lens.
    99.9% UV protection.
    Lens Color: Gray - Provides protection from glare and high levels of visible light and ultraviolet radiation without distorting color perception.

Compliance: ANSI Z87.1-2003 certified.

Cost less than $4.00 each. They are comfortable, and if they get scratched, I discard them and grab another pair.