1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

safety glass's

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Lawn-Guy, Feb 28, 2009.

what do u wear for eye protection?

1. sunglass's

131 vote(s)
  2. actual safety glass's

186 vote(s)
  3. some sort of full face mask

5 vote(s)
  4. nothing

28 vote(s)
  1. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

The huge over the glasses kind that make me look blind. I hate them.
  2. wildncrazyguy

wildncrazyguy LawnSite Member

Great post! Everyone should wear safety glasses because you only have 2 eyes. I'm all for safety for stuff like that, and even have a couple of pairs smoke and clear, but I usually don't wear them, only because when I sweat and start dripping, they are a real pain. Not to mention the fog. I get so frustrated, I usually go without. Last weekend I got some crap in the eye while weed whackin'... So, it put an emphasis back on me to get something that works, even if I have to pay some real bucks. I just spent the last hour looking at all the safety glasses on a site mentioned a couple times in this thread. So, question I have for everyone is regarding the sweat and fog, is there anything that works? The expensive Oakleys or the cheapos? I'm a Stihl guy myself and like to hear they are popular. Must check them out, but, will they work for sweat and fog?
  3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here...the Stihl glasses are great...my dealer sells them.
  4. green monster

green monster LawnSite Member

I definately wear safety glasses. My dealer always has a few nicer ones for sale for around $10. ECHO and Stihl ones are actually pretty nice and are both around $10. I don't wear the expensive ones because I always eventually end up either losing them or breaking them.
  5. northtexaslawnman

northtexaslawnman LawnSite Member
    from 76051

Cheap safety glasses! WEAR EM! Give old pair to new hands and grab frsh pair for yourself.
  6. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

Inexpensive Stihl brand safety sunglasses.
  7. dlaros

dlaros LawnSite Member

8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I wear treated sunglasses, that are OSHA/ANSI approved for shatter resistance, and they have to have UVA/B protection, and wrap around pretty good, ya only get 2 eyes!
  9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

what version sthils and uvex?
  10. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I just go with a pair of good sunglasses. . . safety glasses hurt my head after a while.

What I want to know is who the one guy is who wears a full face mask? lol