safety glass's

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Lawn-Guy, Feb 28, 2009.

what do u wear for eye protection?

1. sunglass's

131 vote(s)
  2. actual safety glass's

186 vote(s)
  3. some sort of full face mask

5 vote(s)
  4. nothing

28 vote(s)
  1. dlaros

dlaros LawnSite Member

Try EDGE safety glasses, they don't hurt your head.
  2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I've got some really nice lookin safety glasses but always forget to wear them. I need to just get in the habit
  3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I waere the ones made by ao safty and love them
  4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

You guys that have replied to this thread and are using sunglasses or a pair of blue blockers are nuts. Think about it. How much would you spend to replace your eyes. That's right, you can't. Get a pair of approved, safety impact glasses and wear em. If you weed whacker can throw a piece of debris at your eye at about 60MPH or more, what do think will give?
    I prefer a more coverage and in three years I can easily say they saved my eyes a hundred times. They give me everything I'm looking for. Great field of view, they slip over my peltors and they are vented. I go through about two pair a year and they are well worth the money, which really isn't that much.[​IMG]
    Go to and get 4 pair. Keep a pair in a baggy in your ditty bag in the truck. They clean-up with soap and water real well or even the armor all clean-wipes. Sunglasses don't keep out the dust and the side debris, these do. Are they hot in the summer? I've worn them in 95 deg heat for over an hour at a time and they are fine. I use the clear ones in the fall and the smoke ones the rest of the time.
  5. Wizz

Wizz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I wear the Stihl safety glasses as they have a big area of coverage/protection...they are UV resistant as well...not to mention they are Free with a Stihl pruchase. And yes...wear approved/certified safety brother is 100% blind in one eye due to a rock flying out from an edger and hitting him in the eye from 30ft away.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  6. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Those are the best in my oppion
  7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't think I'd be the only one, lol.

8. Nichols Quality Yard Care

Nichols Quality Yard Care LawnSite Member

LMAO! funny.

I use Stihl safety glasses. @ $10 a pair, ya cant beat it!
  9. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

I have a pair of smith and wesson,never really wore them,but i should start wearing them.
  10. grizzlylandscaper

grizzlylandscaper LawnSite Member
    from GA

I wear stihl timbersports series, cant even tell they're safty glasses, they look like sunglasses and they fell good on your head too.
    Posted via Mobile Device