Safety Interlocks on Z-Master

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lahanko, Jul 7, 2003.

1. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

Is there a way to bypass all interlocks on a Z-Master 150, with out doing them individually? A friend of mine has a Z-Master and it will not start the problem is definitely safety lock related. There must be a top-secret way of bypassing all interlocks at one time. Need to load the thing on the trailer.
  2. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

There must be one? I would think!
  3. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

If all you want to do is load it on a trailer then you don't need to start it to do that.

Lift up the seat and on the hydro pumps there are two little levers that will release the wheels so that you can push it on.

They're on the right hand side of the pumps at the top.

4. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

It's in a pasture. Not accessible by truck, unless we take down fence, only a six foot gate.
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

have you tried moving as many levers as you can all at once while turning the key. every now and then ill get off my mower and not shut down properly and the interlocks get messed. i just move all the handles, ebrake and turn the key repeatedly and that usually fixes the problem.
  6. Sitck a wire on the seat switch first.

Next one is on the brake.

If that don't work, then take the front panel off, need a 1/2" wrench, this will access the lever switches.

There is only 4 of them.

Hey make sure you got the blade switch off, I have seen them come into service with it on and wont start.

Dumb as it may sound, it happens.