Safety Lighting

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kennedy Landscaping, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Does anybody run amber lights on the top of their trucks or anywhere on the truck? Thinking about getting some ambers for my truck but I don't want to be the only one to do it.

2. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

we run a full amber whelen edge strobe bar on top along with hideaways in the running lights and tail lights...and looking for more:laugh:

3. Kennedy Landscaping

Do you use them while you are parked on the street somewhere mowing a lawn. That's more than likely what I would do if I used any. Or do you run them in the winter plowing snow?

4. Kennedy Landscaping

How do you run the lights while you're out on a job, do you have to leave the truck running or do you have another power source? You should post some pictures of you rig with the lights. Might I suggest www.code3pse.com. They have grille lights and deck and dash, all kinds of things.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have strobe lights on my truck for use in the winter when I'm plowing. I will throw them on if I'm pulled over on a busy road but thats limited at best.

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you use a limited number of strobes or LED's you wont need to leave your truck running.

7. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

use them for plowing and when pulling over on busy areas or backing the trailor or pulling out in to traffic leaving a job with the trailor. leave em off when mowing, might throw out a cone or 2

8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Just some tir3's on the back rack for stopping on busy streets and plowing.

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I run a set of stop, tail, turn lights and a white utility light in the upper part of my head board. Incase a trailer light is not working the ones on the head board can be seen.

10. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Have amber mini bars on the trucks for snow removal in the winter. Dont use them unless carrying a full load of brush, backing trailers, etc.