Safety Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Port City Lawncare, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Port City Lawncare

Port City Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Is it safe to apply a winter fert and a pre-emergent at the same time? Also, is there a combination available?

2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Just have to ask because of the nature of your question, are you licensed to be applying applications?

3. Port City Lawncare

from Alabama

I know it's a stupid question.

No, I am not. I do know a little about to the subject, but not much. I worked for Tru-Green for a while as a tech before getting into the business full time. I will say this, thanks to Lesco for being so helpful - I walked in and sat down to ask the guy for some advice on the matter and he was 0 help. I'm studying for the test right now.

edit- Here's what I had in mind. 5-10-31 for my winter fert, and a 5-10-20 as my pre-emerg.

4. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Port City, don't know that doing both at same time would be very wise, that's quite a turf cocktail.
    Your winterizer numbers mix looks almost backward to me, but what do I know.

Why don't you look on the Scott's web site, check out what their winterizer fert's mix is.

http://www.scotts.com/

5. Port City Lawncare

from Alabama

You probably know something I don't. Like I said, thanks goes out to Lesco for all the help. I'll check that link out. Good thing I decided to come here and ask!

6. NAT

NAT LawnSite Member
    from Zone 7

Go with a 32-0-10 lesco on fescue and 5-10-31 on bermuda in the fall.

7. Port City Lawncare

from Alabama

I decided against the 5/31. Instead I went w/ 0-0-62 and left the rest alone. Thanks for tips, sorry if I caused any confusion.

8. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Port City you might be able to use this info at a later date.
    If memory serves me I believe the 5-10-20 that lesco has is a winterizer that uses a potassium carrier for the pre-m. Or at least you can purchase it that way,I have in the past. They may have it both ways. Tony