Safety Training for Employees ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhadaway, Jan 24, 2006.

1. dhadaway

dhadaway LawnSite Member

Do you guys/gals offer some sort of training for your employees? Is it yearly, or just when they hire on? Is there a safety video available?

2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering the same question. I hope to have a full time employee or two this year and am just starting to scratch the surface on all the different
    things required. I am wondering if it is even worth it. I saw something earlier that Sean posted reguarding a web site that had info on OHSA stuff.I will look again and see if I can find it and get back to you, might help both of us.

3. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe a good place to start would be with your insurance company. They may have requirements even if OSHA doesnt. Im thinking if they do, they will be able to point you in the right direction how to do the training. Ive thought about this even though Im a couple years from an employee, and regardless of what OSHA or the insurance company wants, Im going to have some sort of safety training. In todays climate of sue happy people, a safety program may limit some liability in case of a lawsuit.Just some thoughts from a new guy!:)