Safeway supermarkets

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sunriselandscaping, Jan 26, 2006.

1. sunriselandscaping

sunriselandscaping LawnSite Member

Hi,

Does anyone here landscape/maintain Safeway supermarkets in the US. My company maintain a number of safeways supermarkets around the UK and I would just like to know what your level of acceptance is.

If you have any pictures would I be able to see them.

Jon

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

We worked for Safeway one time doing a general cleanup, then subbed out chemical treatments of the beds, etc. and things were enjoyable. As long as your price isn't terribly expensive, they'll usually hire. We were told that they require all contractors that work for them to carry at least $2 million in liability so that's something to think about as well. Luckily we're bonded for $2 million and were granted the bid, otherwise we would have been sent packing.

3. sunriselandscaping

Hi Scag,

When you say chemicals im guessing you mean pesticides? because in the uk we are allowed to to use pesticide application on all our sites apart from safeway which to me is mental. We have to hand remove everything

My public liability is 2million and my employers liability is 10million.

Jon

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

around here, most safeways(grocery stores), are anchor stores in a strip mall and would not handle the contract, it is handled by a management company who is responsible for the upkeep of the entire shopping center....

If that makes any sense to you chip eatin, lorry drivers...:)

5. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

6. sunriselandscaping

na minimum of 2mill for what we do fella

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

We pulled the weeds, then we subbed out the chemical pre-emergent to keep the weeds from coming back up. We are not a licensed applicator, nor do we want to be, so we just sub all that work out.

8. sunriselandscaping

ah right you should think about becoming a licensed applicator might be a bit expensive for the course but it pays off well