Saftey Vests??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Danielslawnservice, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

do any of u use them??? when do u use them and for what jobs do u use them???

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

We don't use safety vests but I do have safety cones to put around truck and trailer when were working close to busy streets or taking out trees. I don't think my guys would need safety vests anyway since our shirts are bright red with large white lettering.
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I'm Thinking of buying some for the commercial accouts I have(since there by the road) but the residentials no need for them..
  4. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

This was told to me by a local osha man that came to my job last summer.
    If I or any of my men step in the roadway to put down cones, unload equipment or direct traffic we need safety vests on or it is a violation. I dont remember the amount but it wasnt cheap. doug
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

That might be the case where your at but we don't need them around here. The only thing required are cones place around the truck/trailer and road to warn traffic that we are working.
  6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I have one in my truck but never used it. I do keep a cone on the trailer though

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

We use them when working on commercial accounts. Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could see my guys, they wear bright red company shirts and green safety vest.
  8. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

any time my guys are out of the truck they have a class III vest and their hardhats on... we do planting and seeding on heavy/highway construction projects.. everyone we work for now is serious about safety.. ive seen guys/crews get throw off jobs for not wearing their gear.....
  10. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

Sorry...forgot my imput, that was funny.....stevie wonder.....ray charles..... All safety measures are important and noticed by those whom may reqiure your service in the future, residential or commercial. it's a good thing.