Sahara DG

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jaghr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. jaghr

jaghr LawnSite Member

Can any tell me how many ounces of this product you add to a gallon of water. thanks

2. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

I can't tell you. But the label can.

3. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

If you don't have a label, you can go to the BASF web site and get one. And remember, it's not (usually) "how much product do I add to a gallon"? It should be figured out first "How many 1000 sq. ft. does my gallon go" so that you can then take the label information and plug it in.

4. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

I feel your pain. The label is not real clear on what to add to just one gallon. I figured it out through conversions one time and it came out to 1/2 to 3/4 pounds per gallon depending on the conditions you are spraying. If you use a surfacant, 1/2 lb shoud be enough. However, I'm not a herbicide guy. Someone else may know better.

If you have never used it before, be patient. It takes a couple of weeks to work. But when it is dead, its dead.

5. Ls92

Ls92 LawnSite Member

Thats alot, for inital treatment you can use 6lbs per acre.Assuming you get 1000sq ft per gal It works out to be .45 oz per gallon.Correct me if im wrong:confused:

6. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

I got a BASF cheat sheat from the 'company eaten by a Deere' some time ago that showed a rate of 15 pounds per acre per year for the midwest, 10-12 pounds per acre per year in the northeast, and up to 20 pounds per acre per year for the perpetual growing seasons of the south. You HAVE to know the volume of water that your tank puts out in doing an acre 1st in order calculate the pounds to put into that volume. And be careful with Sahara in sand-based soil. It moves DOWN fast, and doesn't adhere to silica like it does silt and clay up here in Ohio.

7. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

When I made my original post, I couldn't remember how I came to that amount. After I read your post I went and got my Sahara container and found where I came up with that amount. It says for spot treatment ....

"To prepare the spray solution, thoroughly mix in each gallon of water at least .5 to 1 pound of SAHARA plus an adjuvant."

If you think I can clear off fence lines with less, please explain to me why and let me know. This stuff is expensive when you use 1/2 pound per gallon.

8. read the label and do some simple math.

9. Ls92

Ls92 LawnSite Member

It says right on the label inital treatment can be 4-6lbs per acre (which breaks down to approx 0.45 oz per 1000sq ft)and after that it depends on the rain fall where you are at ,here in FL you would use approx 7-10lbs per acre

10. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

Why would they call for so much then to be used for spot treatment? I'm thinking about taking you up though and just trying it to see what happens.