Salary Survey

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassRoots Lawn Care, Jul 8, 2000.

1. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

I was wondering what you the average Green Industry business owner makes per year. Guys. only answer if you want. Let's check the egos at the door and be honest. <p>Solo or crew(s):<br>Percentage of lawn care/landscaping or other:<br>Equipment:<br>Annual Overhead:<br>Annual Gross:<br>Annual Net after overhead:<br>Country & State (or Providence):<p>Just curious. I'm currently working with my partner and brother (yeah I know, everyone and their brother own a lawn business) and am contemplating hiring employees to run multiple mowing crews and a landscaping/irrigation crew. All imput is appreciated.<p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

MY WORK LOOKS LIKE A MILLION BUCKS!<p>MY WALLET LOOKS LIKE ITS BEEN RUN OVER BY A STEAM ROLLER.<p>I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY WILL ANSWER THIS ONE!<p>HOMER

3. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

Like I said, only those who want can answer. Not like we are in direct competition from each other. I'm just interested the difference in combinations of landscaping and mowing, as well as solo or multiple crews. Perhaps I should have phrased the question differently? <p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Homer, I wish I could afford a wallet to run over with my roller! Got any spare change? Pepper nose Bill Clinton wasn't realy in favor of the military (F'ING DRAFT DODGER!!) especially when proposed raises came around, but once all you guys vote for Bush, I'll make a little more scratch!<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

My wallet was stolen. They returned it by mail and I found they had put 100$ in it and and a note that they felt sorry for me:)

6. dhicks

dhicks Member

We're so poor that when the garbage man rolls around, we ask him to leave two cans. We also envy the Walton's pick-up.<p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

7. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

My mama's so poor the other day I seen her walking down the street kickin' a can, and I asked &quot;what you doin mama?&quot; She said &quot;movin'.<p>(From the movie: White Men can't jump)

8. bill phagan

bill phagan Guest

Mike, the numbers will vary all over the place. Sad to say, it's estimated 30% of LMO's do NOT make money, just changes hands. Starting a consultation next week with a co who's owner does 2m per year and his salary is $350 per week. That's it. That's why he called me. Just finished one with a co doing 900k, owner salary 30k with two employees making more than him. YTD biz profits thru April were $1,328.00 Yet others.....900k, 80k income, 1.6m, 120K income. It's everywhere. When I was doing a million, personal income well exceeded $100k per year. Set your goals based on profit, not volume..........<p>Bill Phagan<br>Green Ind Consulting, Inc.

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I agree with that Bill. We got a volume low price Lmo in out town. I can't see how he is making a living. Maybe he won't realize how little profit he has made until all that new equipment starts falling apart. He has been at it I guess around 4 or 5 years. 5 more years or sooner the trouble will start

10. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Bill may be right.I've been in this thing for twenty years.My wife was able to stay home and raise our two kids, then go back to school and become an RN. Beyond that, I feel like I've been a money handler. The bad part is I'm the expensive guy in my work area. South Fla blues.Ok, enough moaning for now.<p>----------<br>Yesteryear L/S<br>Hollywood Fla