salary / wage help needed

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GreenBacks, Jan 17, 2007.

1. GreenBacks

GreenBacks LawnSite Member

Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea of what the starting hourly rate for
    h 2 b's or college students should be....im in central texas

thanks
    gb

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

The market reported an increase in wages for all positions within our industry in 2006. Sales salaries were down overall, but tech salaries were up to an average of $10.65 for general labor, $11.28 Equipment Operator, and $12.45 Foreman.

3. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

so how much should a spray tech make....i have only 12.00 hr at my company been there 1 year on feb..and i do all the spraying,fert,grub control,shrubs and trees...ants and deep root feed...just wondering and sometimes i help mowing or the spinker guy? should i make more

4. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on your area but for golf course spray techs, they usually make somewhere around $30,000 a year.

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

H2B is about 7.45 last time I looked.

6. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

i live in oklahoma city

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The H2B have to be started at the rate that is set in the program....less than $7 last year for a certain time. After that it is up to you and if you are mixing with locals then it will be hard to pay two rates....a good trim guy will get around $8 - $9.50. Interesting that you have some college guys that would consider working for that amount....why?