1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by germann, Mar 4, 2003.

1. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

I just was figuring on paper-to have a $40k salary, my company-a partnership w/my brother, will need 220k in revenue, 4-5 employees, and 3 trucks. Kind of motivational and scary-this seems like a lot of work and responsibility for the money-not that I am afraid to work hard. This is why I posted the salary question earlier. Just thinking about the meat and potatoes of the business.
  2. Christianstine

Christianstine LawnSite Member

Think about this for just one minute.How many wasted hrs. do we put in to pay for 3-5 employees hourly wages?Not to mention new trucks, plows and new mowers for these 3-5 employees to ride or wb.I can go out and make 300.00+ in one day and be home at a reasonable hr.But if I have 3-5 employees I can make triple that .The problem is I'm staying out from 7:00 AM to10:00 PM just so I can pay them. I'm also paying for alot more machines
    just so they can beat them up.The only reason I even responded to this post was it's fairly east to make 40 K by yourself.You already stated that you aren't afraid of hard work.
    Brian from Mi.
  3. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

No way you'll make 40k each on 220k gross sales. With 4-5 employees and 3 trucks.......Wont happen.
  4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

$400-$600/day gross (avg $500) 130 days/yr

$65K gross, 15K paid to helper.

Keep costs low and you'll get the $40K without the headaches.

Not to mention huge tax breaks on your home/office, vehicle, etc.

Worth about a $50K salary "working for the man"