1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sale (refurbished) attachment edger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clean_cut, Mar 5, 2010.

1. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I found this refurbished edger online for pretty cheap, about $30 (including shipping!). Before everyone tells me that I should buy a $400 edger here's my situation....

I am only going to be serving a few yards this year, maybe up to five or six throughout my local neighborhood. I already have a strong Ryobi trimmer/brushcutter that should attach fine to the edger (sure the trimmer was bought at lowes 10 years ago :rolleyes:, but it still runs great). I don't wan't to spend way too much for an edger that I'll use less than a few times a week, but I also don't wan't something that will break in a week.
    The edger usually retails for around $60 or more so I hope it wouldn't be complete junk :hammerhead:

I also notice that the edger has more of a piece of metal to guide it on the sidewalk than a roller to take the weight of it, is this good, bad, or does it really matter?

Do you guys think that this is a good route to go for only doing a few yards a week with a low budget?

Thanks guys so much for your help and God Bless You!

Here's the link...

2. clean_cut

What???? No replies????

You think it's a good idea? Bad Idea? Decent Idea????

Atleast give me something
  3. Chris "Greenville"

Chris "Greenville" LawnSite Member

Should work fine for your needs. I used the same type a few years back. I found a reconditioned ECHO edger at HomeDepot myself. They wanted 147 I offered 100. They took it. Just ask for the manager you would be surprised what deals they will give you. Good Luck with this lawn season.
  4. clean_cut

O.K. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! :)
  5. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

ok i bought this for my trusty old ryobi ss30 i used for several years IT WAS AWFUL it vibrated so much it made my hands hurt not only that i think that thing is what killed my old trimmer i do not recommend this product at all
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Buy it, try it, if you don't like it, take it back.
  7. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

That thing looks like a PITA to use.

Get you a McLane edger. :weightlifter:
  8. clean_cut

Yeah, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on an edger that won't be used often. The good thing is that it comes from home depot, so I could probably return it at a local store.

BTW, Why does it look so hard to use?
  9. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

believe it or not it is a little harder to use that curved end is a little akward and its pretty heavy down at the head so its hard to get great lines but like richard said buy it try it and if you dont like it take it back