Saleing A Mower....what Whould You Pay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iamthelawnman, Mar 7, 2005.

1. iamthelawnman

iamthelawnman LawnSite Member

I have a 48' Lesco viper it is about 3 years old and i have taken very good care of it, change the oil every 2 weeks and greased once a week. runs great. change the air filter ever three day. i paid $5,000.00 for it and i have know idea how much to ask for it? how do you come up with a fair asking price? thanks for all the help guys....

Born to Mow

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

What's the price of a new one? From what I've heard, Lesco mowers don't hold their value real well.

3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I think it's under 6 for a new one.

How many hours ?

I would say in the 3k range.

4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I'd pay 2k, cuz i'm a cheap bastard. $3,000-$3,500 range seems about right tho.

5. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like you did some extreme maintenance

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is exactly what I was thinking

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going to say in the $2500 to $3000 range if the buyer knows what he's doing. Last October I bought a 2003 60" Dixie Chopper with 28 Kohler EFI and 29 hours for $4500 and I just sold my 2001 Dixie for $3800.

8. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I might go $500.00 :waving: :blush: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

9. iamthelawnman

iamthelawnman LawnSite Member

the mower has 1000. hours but the clock stop working..... left out in rain. :dizzy:

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I almost bought one until I asked around to other LCO and one company just traded in all three of his that were 1 and 2 years old for Exmarks, all three of them had stress cracks galore on the decks. And the dealer was selling them for about 2k each. One was $3200.00 only because it had a bagging system and lower hrs. They only had about 500-800 hrs each. They ran good but looked like they were falling apart.