1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sales letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by precisionlawn, Jan 23, 2003.

1. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone send out sales letters in the spring to gain new accounts? If so i was curious as to see them, just to get ideas. I'm going to be sending them out mid-March. Please if anyone has one to show me as example or ideas to put in the sales letter it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

P.S. Heres mine, what should I add, and what should I take out?

Spring is around the corner. If you, like most others, can’t bear the thought of pushing the lawn mower around the yard, Precision Lawn & Landscape can help.

Were previous lawn services unreliable? Precision Lawn & Landscape will cut your lawn professionally, on time and with a minimum hassle too you. Quality and reliability are our best services.

Within the next couple of weeks your lawn will be in need of two things to looks its best:
    1. Dead winter grass should be cut away before the new grass emerges, by cutting the grass very short. (Scalping)
    2. Your lawn should have a good fertilizing.

Call Precision Lawn & Landscape today for free estimates on lawn scalping, regular mowing and fertilization.

Precision Lawn & Landscape is designed for your convenience and for your pocketbook’s safekeeping. We are licensed and insured up to $500,000. Our reasonable rates do not require any tedious seasonal contracts. And best of all, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with our service we offer all our customers an Unconditional 100% Money Back Guarantee!

My company, Precision Lawn & Landscape, has mowed thousands of lawns in the past few years. We have the experience and expertise to provide you excellent service.
    Call today and solve your summer lawn worries!

Jon McLaughlin
    Precision Lawn & Landscape

P.S. If you make a commitment to us before March 31st, we will give you 50% off your first service!

Call Precision Lawn & Landscape at ***-***-****
    Email: ***********@hotmail.com
  2. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

telling is not selling... to much information... um, buddy how has your company mowed a few thousand yards over the years, if you are just starting out?
  3. precisionlawn

What they dont know cant hurt them. I'm experianced, and I can pull that off. I f they know this is my first season thats a BIG draw-back. It's part of selling (BS-ing), you should know that you're good at it. LOL, just messin:laugh:
  4. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i have a really successful sales background, guess what i use as a training aid? the movie " boiler room " don't laugh, it's outstanding and puts you in the mindset.

i would whack out some of the unnecessary information in your letter. short and to the point is what you need.
  5. precisionlawn

thanks for the advice, I will try that.
    Oh and by the way "Boiler Room" one of my top 5 favorite movies.
    Definetly gets you in the mood, very motivational!
  6. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

Just my opinion, but I would get rid of the 100% money back guarantee. You might get a few one timers that tell you they dont like your services just so they can get a freebee.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Drop the "up to $500,000".

You have several gramatical errors in your letter. (Quality and reliability are our best services.)...it's one or the other...best implies just one service, not 2. There are others in the body of your letter, too.

What if my first service is a 100 yard mulch job? You going to do it for 1/2 price? Don't think so.

The average homeowner has no idea what "scalping" is all about.

Your lawn should have a good fertilizing. Says who? I do it 4X a year myself (for example).

Since when are seasonal contracts "tedious"? Actually for many people, it makes life easier for them and is just the opposite.

I don't want to sound like I am raining on your parade , but your letter needs work.
  8. precisionlawn

I have done alittle work to this. check it out.

Attached Files:

9. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

try finding a new email hoster.. hotmail, yahoo and etc: are kinda, well crappy...
  10. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Boiler Room...great flick.

f350... what's your sales experience? Just curious of different backgrounds, selling techniques, etc....