Sales Person

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by smarino21, Apr 13, 2007.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I was intrested in hiring a sales person to do sales , create new leads and everything? Has anyone ever done this before?

2. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

try to pay them straight comission. I spent 800 for 2 weeks last year and got the salesman's sister only. Then she canceled midway through the season.lol

3. Ultimatelawncareinc

Ultimatelawncareinc LawnSite Member

it's a great idea my buddy owns a huge company i mean 40 trucks and the hole nine yards he did this with a very good sales man and pays him commission this guy went out of state during the winter and sold over a millions dollars with of work for them to start off this year he is doing 2 walmarts,2manards,and he is putting his equipment on a ship and going to landscape a hole island somewhere this summer. give it a try just get a good one.

4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought about it, I would pay them comission, I don't know where you would find a salesman though. Also how do you know that they are any good? You don't want an ex-used car salesman that is to pushy. It would leave people with a bad image of your company.

5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

No , no one has ever done this before .
    I believe you are the pioneer with this idea

6. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have had several sales people and learned a lot on what to do and what not to do. 1. Have them use their own car. and pay them $X per week for fuel and wear and tear. 2. Small salary per week 3. they have to hit $X in x weeks otherwise they are gone! 4. Pay the commission as a residual income not all when the job is sold. (this will help them keep the clients and bring the money threw your doors) One thing a business consultant told me is to find a person that has experiance in sales not someone that you feel can be one.

7. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

LawnsRUs--- Why have them use their own car?

8. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

Cheaper, less overhead, I give my person gas exp. Cell phone etc. I have never had a sales person have an issue with this situation.

9. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Guess it kinda makes sense. I was thinking about the "Comany name here" vehicle showing up at the "door" aspect and its more advertising when it goes out on the road.

10. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

I do have magnetic logos for the side of their vehicles that they are more than proud to use. Having a matching truck etc.. for a guy to go out and give estimates would be nice but why over extend yourself if you dont have to. Some day i will have that.