sales potential?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by the scaper, Jun 7, 2003.

1. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

i just put together a cider barrel water garden on my patio (i'm new at this) . pumps the water down a couple rocks into the barrel, plants, goldfish, and surrounded it by rocks and potted plants for the built in effect, no big deal. it took all of about 1 hour and $125 for everything. i have another area i'm going to put a small kidney shaped preform which i dont think will take much more money or time (with the exception of digging). it seems to me that there would be a fairly good (and quick) profit margin in selling these types of water gardens/ ponds . i was thinking mabey $300 (profit) for a barrel and mabey $500 for a small dug in preform. i already have a small time but full time landscape and maintenance business with a middle class clientel. my question is, with a little marketing- specialized flyers and word of mouth, will these things sell or is it going to just be an every now and then thing? please consider that i dont have any problem selling maintenance or small installations, i say this because i already know that salesmanship is key. should i continue forward with this program or should i scrap it? based on the amount of activity i see on the pond forum i'm wondering if many people are finding it worth messing with. your opinion and advice would be much appreciated. thanks, ~the scaper~ :)
  2. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

If your good you will make it work. If not...