Sales Tax

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mattmus4357, Jan 12, 2008.

1. mattmus4357

mattmus4357 LawnSite Member

I was just wondering, do I charge sales tax on the yards I do? I live in Arkansas if that makes a difference.

2. dmc337

dmc337 LawnSite Member

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

dont take advice like that from this site....

Find your self a Tax man or CPA.

a Guy from the internet will NOT help you if you get autdited...

a CPA WILL

4. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Matt,

In Arkansas residentials are not taxed, but commercial properties are. Pretty much anything other than residentials are taxed. You need to get a Sales Tax Permit so that you can charge sales tax. Also any materials that are brought onto site by you and then charged to the customer are to be bought tax free and then sold to the customer with tax. If you only service Springdale then it will be easier. We service from Fayetteville to Bella Vista and have to charge different tax rates for each different city.

Todd

5. barefootlawnsandlandscape

Send me a pm with your info on it. I have been looking for someone to pass some business onto when we get calls. We only service properties that are full service accounts and have been needing a good company that will service these types of accounts.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

check with the ARK dept of Rev.

7. mattmus4357

mattmus4357 LawnSite Member

This may sound kind of dumb but how do you send a pm?

8. barefootlawnsandlandscape

Click on my name on the posts and the option will come up to send me a private message.

9. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

First you have to be logged in. then click his name to pm.

10. tangofox1971

tangofox1971 LawnSite Member

a little off the topic but could someonr from AR tell me the going rate for the standard edge mow and blow customers in ar will pay. i am in the LR area.