1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JRSlawn, Feb 6, 2008.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone been on there website it is a pretty sweet deal. I am looking into something of this nature for marketing for the spring. With this dead economy I am going to have to advertise my ass off to stick to our goals. I would join in a heart beat if it wasnt so expensive they want like $180.00 a month and a 12 month agreement. I wouldnt mind having it for a month but I really dont do to much winter markerting. Anyone else looking at this let me know.
  2. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I saw there ad thats for sure but I have not looked into them. I also want to know if anyone has used them or thought about using them.
  3. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

won't they give you 100 free sales leads with no strings attached? i'd call them and see if you can work something up, maybe they have a trial period.
  4. JRSlawn

I talked to them today it seems like a pretty good deal they even have a cheaper package called lite. I am wanting to telemarket lawn care and use it for door hangers and direct mailers
  5. JRSlawn

bump bump bump
  6. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using leads for years now, don't use them unless you want to pay too much.
  7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to sound like an attack, but why would you use them for "years" if you were paying "too much". We both know that "too much" is always relative, but it made me wonder what your marketing plan and meetings went like and if "too much" for you is "too much" period.

I do agree that we have had much more consistent success in use our monies for advertising our own company instead of starting my market from someone else's retail market, but "too much", I think that was too broad of a statement.

Here's the deal: Lead Generation Services are good for those who will not, can not, or don't know how to promote their own company. If your marketing efforts are unsuccessful, then I would suggest "buying sales" from someone else efforts that is successful. If that's not the case then build your own market..."if you build it they will come!"
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I worked of this scam Co. once....." I was the computer tech"

truly I didn't know what they did untill I was there for about 4 months...

any way, they sold home Businesses back in the 90's...that was the craze back then.

NOT ALL CO'S, like this are scams..... BUT BEWARE....

think about it...100 sales leads.... WHAT DOES THAT MEAN......

to me it means ripping out a page or two of the phone book "in your area" and handing it to you.....

it meets the cryteria of your business....there home owners, there in your area, they have grass to cut....

there........ I just met 3 of your requirements for your companys, leads....

Again,,, I'm not saying all co's are scams...... JUST BE CAREFULL
  9. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Read what I wrote, don't read into what I wrote. I did not say I used SalesGenie for years I said I having been using leads for years.

We have purchased residential lists which we have been able to use quite successfully as part of our overall marketing plan.

<boom> kicks soapbox from underneath of Andrew

Lead Generation Service are good for those who will not, can not or don't know how to promote their company??? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
  10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Listen buddy, I did not mean to offend you and I'm not even sure what the soapbox thing is, but I hope you've calmed down some?

I stand corrected and did read too far into your response. I guess I was confused due to the tread title...oops.

Lastly, I know my last post was a very direct opinion and I figured the first guy that spent more money buying leads than they did generating their own (and branding/advertising their own business) would get offended, but the facts are still true:

You will spend more money buying leads with your (would be) advertising dollars and relying on WOM than you will by setting a 5 year marketing plan into action and branding your own company to produce it's own leads. I didn't invent the wheel my friend...I've just been rolling it most of my life.

If you will review my posts you'll see that I don't think I know it all...but if I don't know marketing then I wasted a few bucks in my life learning it. And I'll be the first to admit that the best marketing plan can AND WILL fail for some and work for others.