salt/sand prices

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by cat320, Nov 27, 2000.

1. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered a load of sand /salt they are getting $27 a ton what are some prices around the reagion i'm in mass.

2. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE LawnSite Member

GOT MY 23 TON LOAD OF SALT FROM PORT NEWARK NEW JERSEY DELIVERED FOR $55.00 PER TON TODAY....ALL READY FOR WEDS. NIGHT.......

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Thats higher than what sand/salt is sold for in Maine.

When I bought it last year from a supply yard, I was paying 16 a yard with a discout. The average joe paid 22 a yard.

I can make a yard of sand/salt mix for around 10 a yard. 3 dollars for a yard of sand/ and 7 dollars for salt (Note & dollars is on the high side). Only ya always got to have a fudge factor.

Geoff

4. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

Cat, I'm also in MA. and the price I was quoted from my supplier is $25 per ton delivered for sand/salt and $45 per ton for straight salt.

5. cat320

JD Power what part of ma are you from and who did you get a price from for the salt I called hefferon in wilmington and they only sell the mix i wanted to get some staight salt to.

6. Bill c

Bill c LawnSite Member

We mix our own,45 dollars per ton for salt,and eight dollars a ton for mason sand.We mix five tons sand to twenty tons salt.

7. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

last year we paid for our sand/salt mix by the yard
    $17-$21 and we can't by a yard of sand alone for less than $9 also got prices for mason sand @$9.50/ton and salted sand @ $14/ton both prices don't include delivery

8. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

Cat, I'm in Somerville. The supplier is Bole(sp?)Equipment their # is 617-484-3036.

9. cat320

JD thanks for the info i only got a little to ty me over for this wed storm will call them for my next order.

10. Alan

Alan Member

I just paid $32 a ton for 40% salt/60% sand mix. Good stuff, very coarse sand and enough salt to do some melting. I don't use much mix, none at all last year and only a little over 3 tons this time, most of which is still on the truck. Straight salt is $60 ton at the yard.