Salt Spreader EZ Dumper / Downeaster Inserts

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Metro Lawn, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

STOP spending the big $ for bagged salt for your tailgate spreaders and turn your dumper into a spreader using cheap bulk salt !!!!

I have a used salt spreader that replaces the factory tailgate on EZ Dumper & Downeaster dump inserts. I may also work on others, but I am not sure. It was just serviced by Santoro Bros. an EZ Dumper dealer and is in working condition. I do not have a controller for it as we had it hooked up using seperate toggle switches for both the auger and the spinner. I bench tested the unit and it is in working order. The top pic below is from their website.

Tailgate salt spreader - Convert your insert to a salt and sandspreader with the Downeaster tailgate spreader. Comes with a painted steel shell, a dual flight auger to pull materials from both sides, a self-leveling spinner, and pre-mixing tines to loosen material. Spread pattern adjusts from 8' to 20'. Removable spinner assembly allows handy sandbag or wheelbarrow filling. Dump feature allows conventional top-pivot tailgate operation. Separate electric motors drive auger and spinner.

These are well over $2500 new. asking $900 for it.

John 586-634-2904

tailgate1.jpg

40salter.jpg

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Pics of the actual unit

dcp_2388.jpg

dcp_2389.jpg

3. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

still interested in selling it? is that the whole ez dumper and the tailgate spreader or just the spreader for the back? thanks. definatly interested if its the dumper and the spreader

James

4. MR HYDROSEED

MR HYDROSEED LawnSite Member

I want a DownEaster Spreader!!! Anyone with any leads on a used one?