Salt Water For Dandelions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BillyRgn, Apr 29, 2008.

1. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

i herd a rumor, which i dont no if it is true or not, so i am asking if it is, is cooking salt & water used to kill dandelions?? and how you would mix it up to make it effective.

2. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Just a minute. I'll check the label and get back to you

3. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

anyone? i'm serious, i that this was an alternative

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

5. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

are you drunk, what are you asking?

my wifes grandmother used to eat dandelions, im not sure what part.
    You would also kill the grass around it.
    You have to be joking right:hammerhead:

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

BillyRgn

Network or hire a professional lawn care company, it is obvious you don't have a clue of what lawn care is about.

7. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

BTW, believe it or not, you have to have a pesticide license to apply salt water.

Someone brought it up in my certification class, about organics in general, and the answer was, if you are applying anything, and telling the customer it will kill a pest, it is a pesticide. It dosen't matter if you spit on the dandilion, you can't do it for the purpose of killing the weed.

And BTW, you don't have to boil it, saltwater is a "somewhat" effective weed killer (In a very high concentration) , but it is non-selective. Its cheaper to just spray round up. You can also use vineger, but again, Round Up is cheaper.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I remember as a kid an old farmer making dandilion wine and giving some to my folks.

9. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

alot of herbicides are made of salts. i once knew a lady who killed of carpetgrass with table salt right out of the shaker.
    also remeber the damage salt did in the no-name storm here in the 90's

10. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

thank you for clearing that up for me, and humble one, no i am not drunk,an ric i might actually have a clue what lawn care is about. i am actually surprised about how critical everyone was about that question, just because you "no it alls" have not herd about it dosen't mean it is not true. and thank you lush green lawn for clearing it up for me.