1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Same name different state?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MOWEMJEFF, May 12, 2007.

MOWEMJEFF LawnSite Senior Member

I'm about to register my business but the name I want to use is trademarked in a different state. Am I still allowed to use the name or do I have to make a few changes in the name? I can't say the name but it's a perfect fit and catchy, any help???
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am thinking the fact nobody will touch this one is a heavy clue. :rolleyes:

Maybe no one is as business savy as they are mowing savy...I'm gonna shoot one of my old teachers an email but I'm thinking of changing it slighty to Greater Portland **** ****** instead of **** ****** I'll post the true name this week once the rain comes and I'll have some time to do maintnence and office work and make it official!!!!
  4. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

yes you can trademark any name in your state that is not currently taken.

It's finally official. I'm now the Greater Portland Lawn Barber. These last few days of rain finally gave me a chance to take the time and do it. I'm waiting for my insurance company to call back with the final price and I'll be registered and insured hopefully by the end of the day. Now I just need to save money for next spring when the government legally robs me.