Same size or bigger with stripes in mind??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lpwhandyman, Oct 27, 2005.

1. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

So we're considering adding another Z. Those of you have have already made this step. We currently run a 52" exmark Lazer HP. Next Spring when we're ready to add another mower, which would you reccomend? The reason I ask is I'm big on stripes. I'd like to get a bigger mower next time around, like a 72" but then got to thinking about how the stripes would come into effect. I don't think it would look as good if I use the current 52" and use a bigger mower like a 72" on the same property. I mean one guy can cut the front with one mower and another guy cut the back with the bigger newer purchased mower. But to be efficient, having both mowers running constantly while another is trimming/blowing. I hope you can follow what I'm saying. Do we go with the same size mower or go ahead with the bigger one.
  2. Future LCO

Future LCO LawnSite Member

trade in that 52" and get two new 60" mowers. 60's are a little bit cheaper than the 72's so that money saved can go towards the difference of jumping from your used 52 to a new 60.
  3. JTW

JTW LawnSite Member

You must have some sriously big property if you are considering a 72" mower! I think 60's are plenty big.
  4. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

Yes, when it gets to the point that while you're on the mower, thinking if you had 20 more inches to mow with on every pass, how much faster would each property be completed? How many more properties can you take on? There's only so many hours in a day and with a wider cut, more gets done. Or even if it allows me to get home earlier, have one less employee, then it's all worth it. I'm just on this business growing kick lately and always thinking of how to reinvest and make it work more efficiently.