Sample Bid Template

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 40Acre, Sep 5, 2011.

1. 40Acre

40Acre LawnSite Member

I have the opportunity to bid on a lawn care and snow plowing contract for a condo complex. I have no problem coming up with the numbers, but I am not sure how to put it on paper. Does anyone have a sample template that they have used before that I could see?

I did do a search, but none of the previous threads provided an actual example. Thanks!
  2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

If you know your numbers, you shouldn't have any problem writing up a proposal/contract to submit.
  3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

There are very few templates out there for this type of thing. For some people, it takes years for them to "perfect" their bid/contract forms. Because these forms can/are specific to your company, it is tough to share one's form that took so much time to make.

What you need to do is create one yourself. I know its more work but in the end you will know every detail about what is in your bid/contract when you submit it to the customer. You may not want certain parts in the contract that others have, by creating your own, you can word things exactly how you would like, format it to fit your needs and make it as simple/complex, short/long as you want.

Basically, the form you submit when bidding should spell out to the customer what your prices are for the services they requested. Break it down so its easy for them to figure out. You will want to make sure that your form has your agreement/contract terms so the customer knows what they are going to be getting into with your company. This way, the customer knows what is expected of them and what is expected of you as the contractor.