Sample Bids

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cod8825, Jul 17, 2007.

1. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

We are having a little bit of difficutly with setting up a bid for accounts that we are bidding on. We have been doing this for six years and are not getting many of the places that we place bids into.

We are wondering if we are organizing our information wrong. Would anybody want to include a bid that they have placed and won minus the client information. Also we will include one of our bids minus the information for you to look over. We might make small changes depending on clients but this is our basic template that we use. Having low growth in six years we are wondering what we are missing.

Thanks
    Matt

Attached Files:

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

WOW, At first before it opened I figured it was one of those long drawned out things that 's hard to see, with check marks everywhere, But to my surprise it was simple and easy to read,

No advice here, looks good to me,

3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like a sales letter and not a bid. You say "We also offer", " If you are interested in" and make other statements that make it sound like a sales pitch. I understand why you haven't won many projects. You need to start over.

4. cod8825

Echeandia,

Thanks for being honest and telling me what you think. What suggestions would you make for improvement. This is the purpose for the thread. Please let me know what others think as well.

Matt

5. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is an outline you can use:

Project: (name)
    Date:
    General Description of Work: (a paragraph about what you will be doing)
    Details of WorK: (get specific about each component of the project)
    Conditions and Limitations: (cover your a$$)
    Guarantees: (state your guarantee if any)
    Price: (total for work described)
    Payment Schedule: (spell out your payment terms)
    Schedule: (when you will perform the work)
    Contract: (if this is truly a bid sheet then state here that you will be providing a contract)
    Licenses: (list your licenses)
    References: (either state they are attached or list them here)

(close with a thank you for allowing us to bid blah, blah, blah, and sign your name)

6. SLCINC

SLCINC LawnSite Member

looks to me like a fax or cover letter instead of a bid itself. You need somewhere for them to sign, and a company logo and eliminate some of the writing and it should be fine

7. cod8825

Thank you for the input. My manager did not want to post are logo which I understand because of marketing issues. But echeandia that is very detailed and helpful we will definetly incorporate them into our bid. Also SLCINC having a place to bid is very helpful as well. Do you put a postage pad envelope for them to send contract back or a faxed copy for those of you that do that.

Matt

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

It looks unofficial. I am a polite guy, just as it seems you are. But there is a certain "lingo" that is spoken when it comes to bid proposals. "We also offer, we can make adjustments..." It doesn't show that you are confident in your pricing. The one line about making adjustments makes me want to beat you down on your prices. Just a thought.

9. cod8825

Good point jwing I see what you are saying. Would anybody be willing to include a sample bid of their own that won them a contract XXX'd out to see how it looks compared to mine. I would appreciate it if it was a commercial account.

Thanks,
    Matt

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I sure wouldn't have the "resume" info on the commercial bid, like work experience.And I SURE wouldn't try to incorporate Christianity into marketing. Most see it for what it is....a cheesy and distasteful ploy. Trust us,...God does NOT want us to exploit Him for the purpose of marketing and profit. To spread his word - is one thing...but when people use his word on the backs of their business cards and such, it is a sad attempt and the vast majority of the people recognize it as just that.