1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

sample chemicals

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bug-guy, Nov 30, 2007.

1. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

i just had a rep stop by my shop and gave me 5 - 8 oz bottles of ATRIMEC pgr
    and one 8 oz speedzone red any body have any feed back on these products .
    i sprayed my shrubs @ work and left off about 10 ft of shrub line ...i hope to take some b-4 and after pics well post them if they're worth it

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Speedzone kicks a$$ on difficult weeds. Great herbicide.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i use only speedsone and its sister products since they wer tested on the market many years back now. i know a head guy that works for pbi gordon the manufacturer her in kc and he has been awesome in advice. i do have a ?, is speedsone red a new product or is that a typo?

4. grassman177

oh yeah, it aint cheap, much more than other products, but it has a in soil residual that helps along with the great instant control to really reduce a call back and jsut plain look better longer. i use it at 1.5 oz rate and kill everything i need it too, but wild violet is a lilttle tougher, need multiple apps for this one.

5. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

speedzone red is for cool season grass and speedzone green for warm season grass.
    is that what you meant????

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Speedzone works unusually fast because of the carfentrazone in the mix, (it is combined with Trimec). Its about the same on some tough weeds--like spurge, oxalis and violets, but for me it worked really fast on ground ivy, dandelions, and mallow. It is amazing on purslane--turns it black in 24 hours

7. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Hey guys: you should check the label for the "Red" before you use it on the St. Augustine in Flordia!!!!You may be more in the red than you bargained for. Too much 2-4 D in the mix for warm season grass.

8. grassman177

i guess that is what i meant, yeah, i was just wondering. i use the same stuff but they dont sell green here that is why i didnt know what it is that you meant

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am interested in the Atrimec results......since our climates are similar the result could be the same. Last year I sprayed twice but since it rained 40 inches I was still doing bushes more than I wanted. I am trying to figure out when to do the first application for next year. I was thinking early Feb when stuff starts coming back out. I am going all out this year and spray heavy. One results of its use is the shrubs fill out better.

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I always add Quick Silver to my Three Way which is the same thing as Red Zone. What is the price difference in price as I don't remember since I checked so long ago.

Why not just tank mix Quick Silver and save money instead of using Red Zone? Just curious!