Sample cut crap!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, Jun 13, 2000.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

I rolled onto a street were i mow 4 lawns. The lawns sare a driveway. It was weird there was a truck and trailer there. I stopped the truck got out to find 2 guys on toro outfront mowers(crappy looks and cut)mowing the LAWNS! I stopped the guy and asked him what the hell he was doing. he said &quot;Where was doing a sample cut, Kid. And what do u want?&quot; I said i mow these houses and he is costing me $120 and i dont like being called &quot;KID&quot;(i do as good bussness as him, im not out doing or have the time to do a &quot;sample cut&quot; I told him to get the hell out of there. Im sure the guy wanted to fight but him and his buddy wasent going to try to take on me and my TWO large helpers.<br>Good thing he was only 1/2 done we finished and got payed as normal. Gosh that pissed me off. Any of u guys have a story like this?<br>-Nick

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that tops the cake! As far as I'm concerned I probably would've kicked the guys asses! No, actually I would've!!! Bad enough when they're driving around putting flyers in boxes saying they can cut the lawn for at least 10% less than what the customer is already paying now you say they are giving sample cuts? What do they think? It is the perfume section in Sears?. arrgghhhh!!!!!!!

3. columbiaplower

u dont know how bad i wanted to kick there asses but a cop lives in one of the houses and if he came out to find us fighting i dont think i would have been mowing thous lawns anymore. Oh yeah i made the guy take all the flyers off the doors of the houses. They dropped one and i read it this free sample cut cortisy of *** lawn Co or whatever

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Did they ask the owners of the property if they could cut the grass? If they did then your anger should be directed toward the owner. The owner should have told them they already had a grasscutter. Thats bad the owners knowing that you were coming at a certain time and then letting someone else cut without at least informing you. Has never happened to me though.

5. columbiaplower

no they didnt ask first they just started cutting. oh and by the way Charles did u watch RAW last night?

6. Charles

Ya I watched, it was pretty good. But predictable again with hhh winning as usual. I think I feel asleep and missed the end

7. Charles

If someone came on my property without asking. And doing any kinda yard work. hell they just as well had painted the house without asking. I be calling the police. lol

8. columbiaplower

yeah i should have called them. But just wanted to start mowing agian. Did u see the 3D on Shane oh it was great

9. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

That is bizarre...!<p>Try the diamond cutter on them next time

10. columbiaplower

i think a ROCK BOTTEM would have been more fitting for their candy asses!<br>-Nick aka THE ROCK