1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sample letters for aeration, overseeding? What do you use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by syzer, Sep 13, 2001.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We are about to send info out to our customers for aeration and overseeding. Do any of you guys have any samples of letters you send to your customers for "its that time of year" type services? If so would you be willing to post or email them to precision-landscaping@home.com ?

I am going to compose something but I really like to sound as professional and confident as possible, and you guys always have great responses.
  2. I should think that a good place for you to start is to go to your dealer and get a packet from the ryan company.
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Here is a link to a scan of my flyer. If you have MS Publisher I can send a copy.

Here is a follow-up letter
    peiced together from several folks here input also.:

Your lawn has just been over seeded!

Do your part!

Once your lawn has been over seeded it needs to be watered regularly. The most important job is yours. Set up a watering schedule for your new lawn. Please follow our recommendations and customize as needed.

Ideally your lawn should be watered three times a day. Once in the early morning, again in the late morning and once more in the afternoon for 15- 25 minutes. Depending on soil conditions, weather etc.… you may have to adjust the duration of each watering period.

If you start to see puddling shut off your sprinkler, reduce the time of the following watering periods. Remember the soil and seed should be moist not soaked!

Remember it will take one to two growing seasons to completely fill in. You can speed this process along with proper maintenance practices.

Take only 1/3 of the grass blade off with each mowing.
    Make sure your lawn gets one inch of water per week in the growing season.
    Provide a balanced nutrient program for your new and established lawn.

We cannot be responsible for washouts of a seeded lawn; if your seed is washed out by torrential downpours we will reseed the area at cost.
    1. Water your new lawn for 20 min everyday.
    2. Everyday the lawn needs 20 min of water.
    3. Monday thru Sunday all seven days of the week the lawn needs water for 20 min.
    4. When watering your lawn run the sprinkler for 20 min everyday you run the sprinkler.
    5. Do the 20 min water everyday for one month or 30 consecutive days or four continuous weeks or one full calendar month.

If you have questions on how long to water please read 1,2,3,4,5, the 20 min per day for 30 days is the best way.

Remember 99% of all seeding failures are due to a lack of water. If you don't water the seed will not grow.
  4. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Ray, can i get a copy Please. chuck@wblandscape.com
  5. syzer

Thanks lawnboy, we do indeed have panthlets that inform customers of all the advantages of it. Just ned a letter to get the word out there so to speak.

Kirby please do mail me a copy please @ mane@home.com Thanks.
  6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Please let me know if you get them and they work, I have a few more.
  7. syzer

Worked here. Thanks alot.
  8. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Me too, please!

Thanks for your help!
  9. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

ray im always looking for things like that to give me ideas. please send me what u can to stslawncare@hotmail.com
  10. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member