Sams Club Gas $.07 Less Than Cheapest

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albemarle Lawn, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate to advertise for Wal-Mart, but-

Here at the local Sams gas is guaranteed to be at least $.05/gal less than the cheapest competition.

Paid $0.869/gal tonight for 87 octane. $0.969/gal for 93 octane.

Anyone here from Atlanta- I bet its $0.85/gal at regular gas stations and $0.79/gal at Sams.

Ken:blob1:

2. So did you get gas at Sams? Or just posting the price. From what it looks like in your post "NO"

Here in St Lewy, Sam's club doesn't sell gas. Wish they did then it would be $0.72 a gal.

3. Albemarle Lawn

Yeah- filled up one of my cars. No pings or anything, and it is a finicky Ford 5.0 that detonates sometimes on Premium.

Ken

4. Dochere

Dochere LawnSite Member

You guys are upsetting me, I just filled up and it was 1.24 and 9/10. I wish for .07 cheaper, I pray for 0.869:cry:

5. Albemarle Lawn

If St. Louis is $.79 then Atlanta is probably $.74, Atlanta has traditionally had the cheapest gas.

I don't know about Y'all, but I've been planning on putting a built to the hilt 455 in my Toronado that has been sitting in my garage. Right now it has a 403 small block. High gas costs have been my excuse. Might be big-block building time.

LONG LIVE THE BIG BLOCK V8!!!

Ken

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

$1.17 today. Except for a brief period two years ago, it hasnt been that low for 7-8 years at least.

7. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

My sams doesnt gas but at a kroger near my house its about 4 cents cheaper and with a kroger plus card its another 3 or 4 cents on top of that.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Here in the Land Of Too Many Laws it is illegal for wholesale outlets to sell gasoline for less than the competing neighborhood gas stations.

Some other laws recently passed that are crazy are:

In Montgomery County if your cigarette smoke drifts onto your neighbor's property you can be given a $750.00 ticket.

A man wanted to build an amusement park type go kart track on 35 acres he owns. Anne Arundel County's answer to that was simple. You now need 50 acres to build a go kart track and it cannot be built in an amusement park.

Safeway Grocery Stores wanted to build a pitifully small (by current grocery store standards) 75,000 sq ft store on property that they own. The only hitch was the storm water management pond had to be built on land zoned for residential use which was, at the time, completely legal. Anne Arundel County's answer: Make it illegal to build storm water management ponds, for commercial use only, on residentially zoned land within 1000 feet of any tidal tributary of the Chesapeake Bay.

Anne Arundel County has a long history of changing or creating laws just to stop a single project.

About 2 years ago a man wanted to open a bingo parlor on land zoned for it's use. Bingo parlors are legal in AA Co. The county's answer to that was a law that prohibits the issuance of new Bingo parlor licenses.

9. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

The Sams in Lynchburg doesn't sell gas. I was in the Sams about a year (or two?) ago....I don't remember seeing gas pumps. Are they new, or did I just miss them?

Thats a great price. I think I paid 1.09 for diesel las weekend.

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'm still paying $1.25 for diesel:angry:

Gas has finally gone under a dollar here to.99.

I was wondering the other day what all the folks did that raised their prices to adjust for high gas prices.................have you dropped them back down?

LGF.........still using that gas you bought in bulk?