sams club

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by flam41, May 19, 2004.

1. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

this weekend I got a 21" mtd pro w/ a 5.5 hp honda engin . Has fuel shut off & bagger quick & easy heighth adjustment . 199$$$
    mows great & light. wish I could afford to buy about 6.
    just a little fyi
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope it makes it to the end of the season. Maybe you should have bought 2.:D

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Dang, thats a good deal. I wish they would sell commercial stuff too. They could make a huge profit doing that, and they'd put all the local stealerships out of business too.
  4. gr8cutter

gr8cutter LawnSite Member

If our crew used a non-commercial mower it would be trashed in 3-4 months. They are just not made to run for several hours a day, 5 days a week. I sure with they were. We just 2 new 21 inch toro's with 6.5 kaw. 4 stroke and they were $950 a piece.
  5. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Is it self-propelled? Only 21" kind I use. Nothing worse than pushing a mower in 90+ degrees
  6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I believe MTD PRO is commercial.

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

yeah!,just say'in it , makes it so , right?

o.k.- i'm a commercial airline pilot---WHERE DO YA WANNA GO???
  8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Let's see. Flam41 picked up a good mower for about two hundred and gr8cutter got a great one for $950.

You all can do the math, but I'll betcha that $950 mower will burn out before five of the $200 mowers will. I know 5x200 = 1,000, but think what that $750 could do for you elsewhere.
  9. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

I may use that push 2 hours max in a week as my gravely wb does the majoraty of the work, there is three small back yards I cant get into w/ the wb. so a 200$ 21 push (not self propelled) is fine for me . & w/ a honda I figured it would be ok.
    I cant justify 450$ + for a piece of equipment I wont use that often. lets me put my dollars into other places.
  10. asyracus

asyracus LawnSite Member

I'm with flam41....given the number of hours that you're running, it should last a pretty long time!

In fact, I use my 4.5 hp Murray for 5-6+ hours per week, and it's been running over a year now! For my next push mower, I'm going to follow your lead, flam!