Sams for clothing and embroidry?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by marko, Feb 15, 2005.

1. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Was wondering if anyone has used Sams Club for their shirt, jacket, hat purchases as well as having logo's put on? I was hoping for quality feedback from anyone who has used them since their pricing on polo shirts appear to be $15 - $20 per shirt including the logo. (twins lawn care)?

2. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I buy my work t-shirts from Sam's. I buy the Pluma line. They are about $4.50 each and they last a long time. I like a heavyweight t-shirt better than the thin ones everyone else sells.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

merlin, i couldn't agree more. we buy their long-sleeved, heavy pluma t-shirts and then i have those screen printed. i've never found sturdier, more comfortable shirts than those. i use something different for summer t's. those are a lighter, softer haines of some sort.

marko, i've not used them yet, but i'm going to give them a try for screen printing shirts. i typically have a local company do mine, but my friend sold the biz, so i really have no relationship to speak of with the new, other than hating his price increases. our embroidery is done on shirts and jackets that i've purchased through sam's. i'm "blessed" with a mom who is a heavy sewer and her 52" hydro-priced sewing machine (coincidently, a husqvarna) can crank out anything from a disk.

4. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I think for work shirts that screen printing is the way to go. I had some embroidered when I first started and the embroidery still looks good, the shirts however looks like car wash rags.....for polo types embroidery is good.