Sand clean up

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DonWilliams39, Mar 1, 2002.

1. DonWilliams39

DonWilliams39 LawnSite Member

Just wondering if ther was anyone out there that cleaned up sand, after the winter out of commercial lots . If so how did you charge it man hours , square feet or maybe theres another way??? Can you give me a little insight. :D

2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

We used a Sweepster on a New Holland skid steer. I think it was charged by the hour for machine and operator and a haul away fee if that was also provided.

3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i agree per hour is the best, also if u dont have a skid however a garden tractor or even full size u can get a broom for those also

4. MrksLndscp

MrksLndscp LawnSite Member

We use a Cat skid steer with pick up broom for our parking lots, and an MB walk behind broom and a number of power brooms, to clean sand off grass surfaces as well as push out corners and curbs.

We charge all peices out per hour with an additional charge for removal of sand (per load).

Hope this helps.

Mark

5. Commander

Commander Banned

I don't clean up big lots, so I really am in the blue on those. I have found though that for small lots I just go there after closing hours with a big blower and strong back pack blower. No cars to worry about like that, and I can get everything. If there is a lot of compacted soil and junk then I send somebody by the day before with a shovel and wheelbarrow to get that up as the blower will take too long and make too much of a mess.