1. snow

snow Guest

How do you store you sanders? on blocks?hoisted up? stands? Our town has them chained up. Another town uses this new spreader stand products. how do you store them?<br>Bryan<p>----------<br><br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen them on 50 gal drums, on the ground rusting away, up on stands by chains, etc. I only saw one roll off stand, and if anyone has more info on it I'd like to hear/see it. It looked like at rollers or something and you could slide it off the truck? Who knows??<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

3. Alan

Alan Member

Roller stands should be easy enough to make. Maybe lift the back on a jack and pin the stand, then drive out andlet the front legs fall into place.

4. vince

vince LawnSite Member

Snow,<p>there is guy out in colorado by the name of Mick Clarkson. He builds a stand which he markets as &quot;STANDS ALONE&quot; it is really unique and he has orders and orders for these things. He not only makes them for sanders, but for tanks and truck bodies and who knows what else.<p>Mick is a hard working guy like Dino and will be in Roanoke Virginia this September at the American Public Works show with his product. you can e mail him at mclarkson3@uswest.net. Tell him that you were refered to him by vince in new hampshire. I'm sure that he has what you want.<p>vince

5. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello,<p>I think this is a problem that the spreader makers need to address.<p>If we can put a man on the moon, then I think someone can design a spreader unit that has a &quot;foldable&quot; or a &quot;easy&quot; detachable shoot on it so that it can be stored on the ground instead of needing to be eleveated.<p>We've done a few things to store ours. A few years a ago, we built tables out of 4x4's and plywood for them to sit on. They ended up falling apart quickly.<p>Last year, we actually stored them on top of a 52 ft storage/container unit. Ended up getting some flack from our 'safety' officer on that one.<p>And this year, well, we went high tech. 2 55 gallon drums under each............<p>Its ridiculous, because you could spend just about as much money on building/buying a storage unit for them as they cost.<p>By the way, we happen to have a 20ft reach lift truck to take them out of the trucks along with a 3 ton ceiling pulley in our garage. Getting them out is no problem, but figuring our where to put them is getting frustrating.<p>steveair

6. snow

snow Guest

Vince- the next town over, stamford has some of them i guess. I saw that guys site and under users it listed the town of stamford.<br>dino? goeff?<p>Bryan

7. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I had a lot of old steel that i got cheep. Just built some metal tables to set the v-boxs on. Use my Exevator to take them out of the trucks and set them on the table. Then pressure wash them, and lube them up good, then tarp them.<p>Geoff

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Snow, whats the address for that website??<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

9. snow

snow Guest

&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.standsalone.com&quot;&gt;stands alone&lt;/a&gt;<p>Bryan<p>----------<br><br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;

10. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

We have two methods to store them. <br>1-We have a rack that we use ratchet straps to hoist the spreaders off the truck.<br>2-The next is a HD stand I built out of PT lumber.<br>I have seen the stands alone units, they are very nice but pricey.Great for a PWD, but tough for the private guy.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org