1. Ray Hajny

Ray Hajny Guest

I have been looking into the purchase of a sander. I can't really decide on which way to go. I currently have a tool box in the bed of my truck cutting down the availible space to 6'. I like having my tool box but fear that a tailgate sander will be more work than it's worth. Does anyone make a 6' V box? That would basically give me a good capacity with out all the work of refilling as often? My truck is a 99 F350.

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Yes,<br>Downeasterner makes a smaller unit, along with ice o way.<br>Dino

3. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

Ray,if you want more info on the ice a way sander contact Trailer King and speak to Steve and he will give any info you need. His tel is 914-454-7500<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

4. Ray Hajny

Ray Hajny Guest

Thanks for the info. I think if I get one it will be the ice-o-way. Although a little modification would be in order, like a 8&quot; extension to hold more material.<br>Thanks,<br>Ray

5. snow

snow Guest

Ray- You should get in contact with dino, he's in Bozrah ct. He uses Smith/Harder sanders. I believe they make a 6ft spreader, check out their site,&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.smithspreaders.com&quot;&gt;click here&lt;/a&gt;. Our town uses the electric version, you should look into them. Also, look in &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.bargainnews.com&quot;&gt;bargainnews&lt;/a&gt; because they have a lot of used spreaders. I believe the closest harder dealer to you would be American truck equipment in New London. Dino is at the SIMA conference which goes tills saturday (i think). <p>Bryan<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: snow

6. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Both western and fisher will have 6.5' models for use in ext cab short bed trucks out this season. They were made because of all the interest in such a model.<br>See you do learn something from these shows.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

go with a v-box,a tailgate spreader is almost as much(2 stage),and it is not as powerful or esy to load.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

8. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Hey Ray<br>Smith Equip in Franklin Ct has a small v box in his pen. Call and ask for Jim, I bet you can get a sweet deal on it.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

9. Ray Hajny

Ray Hajny Guest

Thanks Dino. If I get the chance I'll head up there.<br>Ray