1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jman00, Dec 10, 2001.

1. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

do you guys put chems. on sandspurs, or just leave them.
  2. Hank the Cow

Hank the Cow Guest

I leave them on the beach.
  3. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

sorry, let me explain what we callsand spurs down here. Those little sticker balls that stick to your shoes and socks. When they get real dry they can even stick through your mower tires, i have had this happen. removing them from playgrounds and yards with children is very improtant to me. until now you either dig them up which could take hours or vaccume them up but that doesnt ever get them all. this may moslty be a southern problem so you guys down here is who i want to hear from.
  4. longslawn

longslawn LawnSite Member

Sandspurs can be controled with a pre-emergent herbicide. We use Balan but there may be others.
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

read my post in "roundup ready turf"
  6. hertelbr

hertelbr LawnSite Member

I have been looking for a new spray rig, sounds like your huffy might be just the ticket. I didn't see your post on my thread a while back, are you keeping this a secret? How does that fert. machine transport on the Pinto, is there a mounting bracket or do you just strap it to the hood? Now that I think about it I have seen it, nope my mistake that was Lawrence Stones contraption. That '75 Pinto does she have a 4-banger or 6, any room for a hopped up 289. I'll bet you could squeeze in a couple extra lawns in a day with all that horsepower!

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

See commision pay for employees in ele of bus Forum. I really am looking for a 10 speed mountain bike petaling all that distances is really hard. but I did manage to get a 4 gal backpack so I can get 4 times the production. Us dumbies living here under the bridge just can't afford uniforms.

When I changed my profile I didn't realize it would go on every post I ever made. I hope no one gets thin skinned about it.

Thanks for the come back