sandstone wall C & H LAWN/LANDSCAPING

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by scagmower, Mar 31, 2009.

1. scagmower

scagmower LawnSite Senior Member

we built 3 of the retaining walls yesterday, in one day with a four person crew!!!!! but i thought they turned out pretty good. From now on all post all my picts on this thread. let me know what you guys think. Just a little about myself we do work in southern IN doing residential and commercial serving about 80 clients, I have 4 full time employees. Im only 19 yrs old too, and everything you see is what i bought and own.

n32311917_33419770_5418062.jpg

n32311917_33419902_3075815.jpg

2. scagmower

Under TELL YOUR STORY THREAD, theres a thread floating around called 19 and growing!!!!!! with some picts of my equipment, and employees check em out!!

3. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

walls look pretty nice - the drain tile on that second one is hideous!!! Why did you leave it like that? Is there something I can't see in the pic?

4. kl680

kl680 LawnSite Member

I think I see why they were done so quickly that thing could fall down with a stiff wind

5. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good but in the first picture the 2nd from the top you have some bigger stones in there that should have been placed in the bottom rows.

6. scagmower

hey buddy i like to see u blow that thing over, each walls got 8 bags of concrete in them, oh and if you cant notice each wall has been gauge, and sloped 1- 1/2 inches every three ft. back so its not falling over anytime soon, also i offer a 5 yr warranty on retaining walls which alot of other companies that do crappy work wont do. I stand by every bit of work i do

:nono:

7. scagmower

yeah i just did what the customer wanted, he wanted it gradely cut down like a trough that went into his pond, the pond was way down but i think he wanted the culvert running down farther into the pond so things wouldn't errode

8. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

icic. seems like the stone on the banks would prevent erosion, but i guess the customer gets what the customer wants. lol

9. scagmower

i see what your saying but in alot of the books ive read, and just a few other professionals that ive got alot of advice from have told me to put a capstone on top or heavier stone on top with a 1 1/2 in slope every three inches going into the ground. But it dont matter let me know what you guys think

10. scagmower

yeah if it was my choice i wouldve cut it off, haha but he wanted it that way lol oh well he was happy with them