sandy beaches

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cjcland, Apr 6, 2000.

1. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i installed a sandy beach on a lake front and i was wondering what is a good pre-emergant for this sand since there will be kids playing on it and run off into the water, i have been using round-up but every week i come back and there are just as many weeds, just differant ones, what would you guys do?<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

If there are ANY fish, aquatic life at all then you WILL KILL them with Pre-em. Sorry, but you need to learn more before doing this type of work.

3. grasskutter

grasskutter LawnSite Member
    from mass.

I dont mean to be a weenie, but read some material about what you are doing, If not please read Rachel Carsons Silent Spring, a book about what can happen if you spray stuff and don&quot;t know what you could do(DDT spraying in the early years)<p>----------<br>grasskutter@cs.com<br>

4. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

thats why im here, see now i know that, thank you. it would be one thing if i did it before asking<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida<br>

5. richard

richard Banned

corn gluten is what you need- it's 100% organic and really works...you'll have to pay though it is $$$$ around $700 a ton