1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sapper w/b got ripped off

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by okiest8, Jun 14, 2006.

1. okiest8

okiest8 LawnSite Member

I was out triming the back of this commerial prop that i have and ran out of gas so i walked to the front of the place to my trailer to get gas and i noticed that some azz took one of my mowers. I dont know if they pushed it down the street or put it in a truck. A lady at this store said she seen two mexicans by my trailer.She thought they were part of the crew im a solo guy. so im 750.00 dollars pissed off . and i did call the cops
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

That sucks! Was it a commercial push mower or a true commercial walkbehind? Did the store have video survaliance?
  3. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

In the last year I've lost 2 string trimmers, 1 back pack blower, 1 push mower, and 5 gals of gas to thieves.
  4. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I just posted the other day. Someone stole my backpack blower, trimmer and some other misc things from my trailer while I was at Wal Mart. I had insurance, it cost me about a thousand dollars to replace my stuff. Insurance is going to pay five hundred.

I hope you have insurance.

I have been paronoid. I'm locking everything.
  5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

never had a problem with thieves in this area. nor has any one else i know.
  6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Go to Lowes and get a 3 pack of those Master Lock cable locks. They all use the same key and you can lock stuff up quick. They are as handy as bungee cords.
    Boy, wouldn't you just LOVE to catch them in the act? I know I would.
    2 on 1, no problem. My adrenaline would be pumping and someone would have to pull me off them. I've come close a couple of times. I've caught people standing too close to my trailer and hurried over in top gear to see what's up. I give them the stink eye real good.
    LOCK UP YOUR STUFF! Even your mowers.
  7. Tharrell

Here's those cable locks I posted about. They're handy little dudes for sure.

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

These people should be shot dead in the streets!
  10. Tharrell

Cable locks only slow a dedicated thief down. They will stop a casual thief in their tracks. Here ya go smart guy.