Sarasota Co. sub contract

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Frontier-Lawn, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I'm starting up a lawn and landscape company in Jan, and don't want to go through the Fertility/Pest licensing hassles :dizzy: . So i need a company that i can sub out or whatever it is called, to come in and do any Fertility management, Chemical weed, insect and disease control that my customers want/ needs. i would prefer one that only does this only and no grass mowing or landscaping. and 1 that can do all of Sarasota or 2 one does north county and one that does south county. and i need to find out what type of deal/options we can work out payup .
  2. dnnhandyman

dnnhandyman LawnSite Member

There is a wonderful company here in Sarasota, called Next Level. They honest, dependable, and reasonable. They will work directly with the customer or directly with you. However, I must say that 4 star enviromental is a questionable company. I have seen them destroy yards, but do wonders on others. I hope this helps.
  3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

thanks for the help but im working with ric.

so for future refence to all this subject is now closed please. no more replies
  4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Any one in the Sarasota to Lee County area that would like to network with a Fert & Squirt Company I have gone back into the Pesticide business only. I am doing this as a one man band and would prefer to work closely with Good LCO who can inspect the Property on a regular basic and Call me when the need arises. I can not stress how much the Pesticide License help me build my maintenance business which I sold to my employees and tried to retire before Katrina send prices sky high. I am willing offer a IMP fee for scouting these accounts when you are there cutting grass or trimming shrubs. Therefore you get a double advantage of Networking with a Pest control operator and paid for just looking while mowing. Networking Dave at Frontier has included looking at all his properties and give him my many years of business advise at no charge. However Dave has been kind enough to buy me dinner.
  5. Wayne's Lawn Service

Wayne's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

All I want to say about this is this. Don't give the good stuff away. It may be a perceived hassel, but the rewards are far greater than you will ever see in mowing alone. We gave the fert. & weed away for eight years. Educated and certified ourselves and have been doing our own now for almost twenty years. Don't let the good stuff go to long to your competition.

Good luck!
  6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Each state has different laws on getting Certified in Pesticide. Florida has some of the stiffest laws in the nation. Florida also has the Hardest test in the nation to pass for certification. Even with a Degree in Horticulture you can not qualify to sit for the Pesticide Test with out working under a Certified Operator first. I AM OFFERING A SHARE OF THE PROFIT. Therefore your advise is not valid for the state of Florida. I suggest you First Research or Know what you are talking about before you open your Big Keyboard. YOUR IGNORANTS IS SHOWING.
  7. wayne volz

wayne volz LawnSite Member

I was not intending to pull on short hairs with my suggestion (not advice) to you concerning the possibility of securing your own license and offering the service under your company.

If you do not have the time, confidence in yourself to past the test, or just do not want to go through the licensing and certification process in Florida, that is OK. I was in no way trying to make you feel ignorant. Nothing wrong with sharing your profits if that is how you want to do it.

I was only offering you the suggestion of not making the same mistake we made by giving the fertilization & weed control away. I don't think I was running my big mouth or criticizing you in any way.

Sorry for the confusion.
  8. wayne volz

wayne volz LawnSite Member

Sorry for the confusion I started over my suggestion to you to consider gaining your own license and certification to offer a weed control & fertilizing service for your clients.

If you are happy letting someone take care of that for you that is OK. We did it that way for many years. However, Ric doesn't seem to think most people have the knowledge or ability to pass the test. (not sure what he is saying about you) After reviewing the yellow pages on the Internet, I see that there are hundreds of companies in Florida offering that service.

I have researched extensively the lawn & landscape market throughout the United States and Canada as a matter of fact Ric. You are exactly right, some localities are more or less difficult than others to gain a license and certification for that service. However, it is also a statistical fact that profit margins are far greater for fertilization & weed control than they are for mowing. I am not running my mouth, only stating a fact. I work with lawn & landscape contractors all over the United States & Canada and see P&L sheets regularly. So if we want to be fair and inform Frontier Lawn on the up and up, we both owe him the truth as to where the real PROFIT DOLLARS ARE!

And by the way, check your spelling on IGNORANCE.
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a Link you might want to check out before running your foolish Key board.

Please look under Commercial Certified Pesticide Operator.

I realize you are a All knowledgeable and are never wrong. Your advice is the only advise that anyone should every take.

Yes your jamming you nose into something you have no knowledge of is Making me mad. First You didn't not read or understand that Florida as the Bug Capital of America has the hardest certification Test in the nation followed by Calf and NY. If you read in stead of running your keyboard, you would see Getting a Pesticide License in Florida is a very hard and much discussed issue on Lawnsite. There is in fact a Limited License that allow for the spraying of Roundup. Don't confuse the two licenses. 60% of those who qualify to sit for the state Pesticide test, never are able to pass it even on multiply tries.

Therefore unlike the hillbillies of Kentucky, People in Florida can not buy there pesticide License at the Local drug store.